Use the San Diego City Map as a guide to the city's best attractions, beaches and entertainment.San Diego Map
Finding the best places of interest in San Diego can make your trip really memorable. There are plenty of events and places worth checking out in San Diego to keep you entertained during your visit.
- The USS Midway is the symbol of the importance the US Military is to the economy, history, and culture of San Diego.
- Star of India is the oldest sailing merchant vessel in the world and conveniently parked at the Maritime Museum next to the ferryboat Berkeley that is now a ship museum.
- Hotel del Coronado a famous, historic and architectural gem.
- Cabrillo National Monument to honor the discovery of San Diego.
- San Diego Writer's Block for local artistic teenagers.
- Old Mission Dam in day hiking friendly Mission Trails Regional Park.
- Famous wooden Belmont Park Roller Coaster in Mission Beach.
- Historic places in San Diego many of which are in Old Town like the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. Popular famous San Diego buildings include the Villa Montezuma, a National Historic Place and the Marston House. San Diego Presidio a fort was the first European settlement on the west coast. Historic, religious settlements Mission San Diego de Alcala and the Mission San Luis Rey are equally amazing memorable San Diego landmarks that are still in use.
- Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial with its breathtaking view of La Jolla to Downtown.
This list of places of interest to visit in San Diego focuses on the most tourist friendly and popular spots but it is an incomplete list of the best places to visit in San Diego.