Best Reasons To Visit San Diego
1. The best reason to visit San Diego is to enjoy the year round Southern California sunshine. With almost perfect weather daily, visitors can enjoy the many things to do, places to visit and beaches to explore in San Diego without worrying about the impact of the weather on their plans. Knowing that your vacation will never be rained out makes planning and enjoying the many outdoor activities easier.
2. San Diego has some of the best beaches in the United States. The diversity of the San Diego Beaches cater to any type of lifestyle. San Diego has some of the most scenic beaches in the world such as those at La Jolla Shores. For some of the best surfing anywhere check out San Diego's Pacific Beach. A year round spring break atmosphere can be found at Mission Beach along the boardwalk where the young and hip atmosphere energizes the long stretch of sand. Want to be more laid back, check out the Coronado Island Beach or the hippie culture that engulfs Ocean Beach. For those looking for water sports, Mission Bay Park offers a wide-range of choices for the outdoor water-sports enthusiasts. Amazing family beach vacations await in the northern area of San Diego County in Oceanside, Del Mar and Carlsbad.
3. San Diego is the most Dog Friendly city in America. Large dog beaches in Ocean Beach and Coronado Island allow our four legged friends to enjoy the Pacific Ocean without a leash. The numerous San Diego Dog Parks have plenty of amenities. Many of the happiest dogs in the world call San Diego home because of the dog loving atmosphere among residents and local businesses.
4. Theme Parks in San Diego are some of the best and most unique in the entire world. The original Sea World in Mission Bay Park is a must see where visitors can enjoy an aquatic experience unlike no other. The San Diego Zoo is widely considered the top zoo in all of the United States, not only is it too big to see in one day they also have the most panda bears outside of mainland China, including baby pandas! In addition, the Wild Animal Park allows a unique opportunity to see some of your favorite wildlife animals in their natural habitat. Legoland near Carlsbad is a children's paradise and one of the most unique theme parks. Disneyland and Six Flags, although not technically in San Diego, are only an hour and a half drive away from San Diego. Take some travel advice for your next San Diego vacation to learn more about San Diego's attractions tourist spots.para
5. Sports teams in San Diego are exciting and easily accessible. The San Diego Chargers football team are a regular contender to win the Super Bowl each year. The San Diego Padres baseball team plays their home games in Petco Park in the heart of the exciting downtown atmosphere.
6. Mexican Food in San Diego is simply some of the best and is so plentiful you can find a great Mexican restaurant just about everywhere. There are many little taco and burrito shops like Roberto's and plenty of fresh Mexican food spots all over the city that make an ideal lunch. The beef and chicken burritos with some homemade guacamole and a margarita are an integral part of the San Diego lifestyle. Another Mexican favorite, shredded pork stuffed into fresh tortillas, can be found at the famous Old Town Mexican Cafe which makes the best carnitas north of the Mexican border.
7.Extreme, fun, and unforgettable activities await you in sunny San Diego. Go kayaking into the La Jolla caves along the cliffs or go snorkeling in La Jolla and see seals and fish underwater. Surf in the paradises of Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, or the Reef at Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Scuba diving, jet skiing, swimming and sailing are options at Mission Bay Park. Hot air balloon ride over Del Mar. The Torrey Pines Ocean Bluffs make for great hikes. Hang-glide or para-glide off the cliffs in Torrey Pines. Play Frisbee Disc Golf. Downtown you can enjoy a few hours on on one of the Hornblower cruises around San Diego Bay.
9. San Diego shopping is quite a different experience. Large open air malls allows the shopping experience to be much more laid back. The colorful and architecturally odd Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego, Mission Valley Mall, and Fashion Valley Mall have all the usual stores like Victoria's Secret, Gap, and department stores but the shopping experience is worth checking out. Ocean Beach has plenty of hippie shops, La Jolla has boutiques and art, Solana Beach's Cedro's Design District has over 85 unique shops where you can find one-of-a-kind treasures, Carlsbad's ocean view factory outlets, Encinitas upscale downtown, Seaport Village is a must-shop, or check out the bargains in Mexico.
10. Mexico is only a stones throw away from San Diego. Literally a 15 minute drive south on Interstate 5 will have you at the border. Tijuana, which a few years ago may not have been safe enough to recommend, has been recently revitalized and cleaned up considerably to make day trips enjoyable and worthwhile. Beyond Tijuana, a short drive will take you to the small fishing village of Puerto Nuevo, known for its spectacular lobsters, margaritas and authentic Mexican cuisine.
Use this guide to find the best San Diego attractions, parks, and areas for visitors to check out. You can visit these places in San Diego in person and use the insider tips you find here to improve your San Diego experience.
There is a pretty detailed San Diego Map if you want to see where these best San Diego hot spots are located relative to one another.
There is a lot to see and do in San Diego and hopefully the visitor tips and strategies can help you better plan and experience your San Diego vacation.